Old 11-29-2007, 03:15 PM
"A. Khattri"

Default emerge-webrsync in prefix?

Trying to use prefix on OS X from behind a corporate firewall and proxy.

Naturally, emerge --sync won't work but I see emerge-webrsync isn't
available either. Any chance we can get that into prefix?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:57 PM
"Peter Ansell"

On 30/11/2007, A. Khattri <ajai@bway.net> wrote:

> Trying to use prefix on OS X from behind a corporate firewall and proxy.
>
> Naturally, emerge --sync won't work but I see emerge-webrsync isn't
> available either. Any chance we can get that into prefix?

Why wouldn't an svn update to a HTTP server work from behind a
corporate firewall? The prefix does not use rsync for emerge --sync,
it uses subversion, if that is what you are thinking about.

Peter

Old 12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
"A. Khattri"

Why wouldn't an svn update to a HTTP server work from behind a
corporate firewall? The prefix does not use rsync for emerge --sync,
it uses subversion, if that is what you are thinking about.

I guess the firewall + proxy server combo doesn't like it:

$ emerge --sync

Starting svn update...

svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/proj/alt/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/svn/proj/alt/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
(http://overlays.gentoo.org)

$

Old 12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 03-12-2007 15:01:47 -0500, A. Khattri wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Peter Ansell wrote:
>
>> Why wouldn't an svn update to a HTTP server work from behind a
>> corporate firewall? The prefix does not use rsync for emerge --sync,
>> it uses subversion, if that is what you are thinking about.
>
> I guess the firewall + proxy server combo doesn't like it:
>
> $ emerge --sync
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/proj/alt/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT of '/svn/proj/alt/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> (http://overlays.gentoo.org)

Hmmm, yuck. I think it doesn't use the proxy or something. Or maybe it
does:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy

If that is what you have, then you're doomed. Unfortunately we (still)
don't have any alternative to svn.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
"A. Khattri"

Hmmm, yuck. I think it doesn't use the proxy or something. Or maybe it
does:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy

If that is what you have, then you're doomed. Unfortunately we (still)
don't have any alternative to svn.

And Im guessing I can't sync with a local Gentoo Linux box either right?

Old 12-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 03-12-2007 15:15:36 -0500, A. Khattri wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Fabian Groffen wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, yuck. I think it doesn't use the proxy or something. Or maybe it
>> does:
>>
>> http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy
>>
>> If that is what you have, then you're doomed. Unfortunately we (still)
>> don't have any alternative to svn.
>

> And Im guessing I can't sync with a local Gentoo Linux box either right?

Nope, you need the special SVN tree.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level