Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Alt (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/)
-   -   emerge-webrsync in prefix? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/8388-emerge-webrsync-prefix.html)

"A. Khattri" 11-29-2007 03:15 PM

emerge-webrsync in prefix?
 
Trying to use prefix on OS X from behind a corporate firewall and proxy.

Naturally, emerge --sync won't work but I see emerge-webrsync isn't
available either. Any chance we can get that into prefix?




--
A
--
gentoo-alt@gentoo.org mailing list

"Peter Ansell" 11-29-2007 07:57 PM

emerge-webrsync in prefix?
 
On 30/11/2007, A. Khattri <ajai@bway.net> wrote:
>
> Trying to use prefix on OS X from behind a corporate firewall and proxy.
>
> Naturally, emerge --sync won't work but I see emerge-webrsync isn't
> available either. Any chance we can get that into prefix?

Why wouldn't an svn update to a HTTP server work from behind a
corporate firewall? The prefix does not use rsync for emerge --sync,
it uses subversion, if that is what you are thinking about.

Peter
--
gentoo-alt@gentoo.org mailing list

"A. Khattri" 12-03-2007 07:01 PM

emerge-webrsync in prefix?
 
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Peter Ansell wrote:


Why wouldn't an svn update to a HTTP server work from behind a
corporate firewall? The prefix does not use rsync for emerge --sync,
it uses subversion, if that is what you are thinking about.


I guess the firewall + proxy server combo doesn't like it:

$ emerge --sync

Starting svn update...

svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/proj/alt/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/svn/proj/alt/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
(http://overlays.gentoo.org)


$




--
A
--
gentoo-alt@gentoo.org mailing list

Fabian Groffen 12-03-2007 07:07 PM

emerge-webrsync in prefix?
 
On 03-12-2007 15:01:47 -0500, A. Khattri wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Peter Ansell wrote:
>
>> Why wouldn't an svn update to a HTTP server work from behind a
>> corporate firewall? The prefix does not use rsync for emerge --sync,
>> it uses subversion, if that is what you are thinking about.
>
> I guess the firewall + proxy server combo doesn't like it:
>
> $ emerge --sync
>>>> Starting svn update...
> svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/proj/alt/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT of '/svn/proj/alt/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> (http://overlays.gentoo.org)

Hmmm, yuck. I think it doesn't use the proxy or something. Or maybe it
does:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy

If that is what you have, then you're doomed. Unfortunately we (still)
don't have any alternative to svn.


--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level
--
gentoo-alt@gentoo.org mailing list

"A. Khattri" 12-03-2007 07:15 PM

emerge-webrsync in prefix?
 
On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Fabian Groffen wrote:


Hmmm, yuck. I think it doesn't use the proxy or something. Or maybe it
does:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy

If that is what you have, then you're doomed. Unfortunately we (still)
don't have any alternative to svn.



And Im guessing I can't sync with a local Gentoo Linux box either right?


--
A
--
gentoo-alt@gentoo.org mailing list

Fabian Groffen 12-03-2007 07:17 PM

emerge-webrsync in prefix?
 
On 03-12-2007 15:15:36 -0500, A. Khattri wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Fabian Groffen wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, yuck. I think it doesn't use the proxy or something. Or maybe it
>> does:
>>
>> http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#proxy
>>
>> If that is what you have, then you're doomed. Unfortunately we (still)
>> don't have any alternative to svn.
>
>
> And Im guessing I can't sync with a local Gentoo Linux box either right?

Nope, you need the special SVN tree.


--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level
--
gentoo-alt@gentoo.org mailing list

"A. Khattri" 12-03-2007 07:19 PM

emerge-webrsync in prefix?
 
On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Fabian Groffen wrote:



Nope, you need the special SVN tree.



What if I did an svn checkout of the tree on the Linux box and tell my Mac
to use that for svn? (Assuming of course that I set up an svn server on
the Linux box ;-)


If that worked, I could just run a script from cron to svn up regularly
and then do the same from the Mac later in the day...




--
A
--
gentoo-alt@gentoo.org mailing list

Fabian Groffen 12-03-2007 07:22 PM

emerge-webrsync in prefix?
 
On 03-12-2007 15:19:57 -0500, A. Khattri wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Fabian Groffen wrote:
>
>>
>> Nope, you need the special SVN tree.
>>
>
> What if I did an svn checkout of the tree on the Linux box and tell my Mac
> to use that for svn? (Assuming of course that I set up an svn server on the
> Linux box ;-)
>
> If that worked, I could just run a script from cron to svn up regularly and
> then do the same from the Mac later in the day...

If you can sync from your linux box, then it will have a different
firewall configuration than the Mac. If you aquire the tree in some
way, you can use it on your Mac via NFS, rsync, scp, or anything else
that allows you internally to get the updated tree on your Mac.


--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level
--
gentoo-alt@gentoo.org mailing list

"A. Khattri" 12-03-2007 07:25 PM

emerge-webrsync in prefix?
 
On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Fabian Groffen wrote:


If you can sync from your linux box, then it will have a different
firewall configuration than the Mac. If you aquire the tree in some
way, you can use it on your Mac via NFS, rsync, scp, or anything else
that allows you internally to get the updated tree on your Mac.


I think its worth investigation.

BTW, can we use https for the svn tree?


--
A
--
gentoo-alt@gentoo.org mailing list

Fabian Groffen 12-03-2007 07:27 PM

emerge-webrsync in prefix?
 
On 03-12-2007 15:25:51 -0500, A. Khattri wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Fabian Groffen wrote:
>
>> If you can sync from your linux box, then it will have a different
>> firewall configuration than the Mac. If you aquire the tree in some
>> way, you can use it on your Mac via NFS, rsync, scp, or anything else
>> that allows you internally to get the updated tree on your Mac.
>
> I think its worth investigation.
>
> BTW, can we use https for the svn tree?

https://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/browser/trunk/prefix-overlay/

seems to work, so it is worth a try over svn.


--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level
--
gentoo-alt@gentoo.org mailing list


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:36 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.