Old 12-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Rabbe Fogelholm

Default emerge-webrsync in prefix?

Some weeks have passed since this issue came up; wish I'd be reading the list more
frequently. For whatever it's worth I remember having trouble with subversion behind
a corporate firewall when bootstrapping prefix Gentoo on Solaris half a year ago. I
used to run a script that was supposed to go unattended for many hours, and I was
using the code below as a workaround for the subversion issue.

When reading the code snippet you should assume that PROXYHOST is set to a hostname
or IP address, and PROXYPORT is a port number. And `die' is a function that makes the
script print a message and die of course.

Note that the first lap hangs for a couple of minutes (?) before failing, so some
patience is required when trying it out.

--------- 8< -----------------------------------------------
# Configure proxy for subversion, if it seems
# to be needed. Run this code twice: the first lap
# creates the config directory and files and fails
# because we have not done the proxy configuration;
# on the second lap we configure for proxy and should
# succeed. If we are not behind a proxy we should
# succeed on the first attempt.

COUNT=$((0))
RESULT=$((999))
while [ $COUNT -lt 2 -a $RESULT -ne 0 ]; do

SVNCONF=$HOME/.subversion/servers
TMPFILE=/tmp/setup-prefix-$$
if [ -n "$PROXYHOST" -a -n "$PROXYPORT" -a -f $SVNCONF ]; then
cat $SVNCONF
| sed
-e '/^[global/,$s|^# http-proxy-host =.*|http-proxy-host = '"$PROXYHOST"'|'
-e '/^[global/,$s|^# http-proxy-port =.*|http-proxy-port = '"$PROXYPORT"'|'
>$TMPFILE
if cmp $TMPFILE $SVNCONF >/dev/null 2>&1; then
rm $TMPFILE
else
mv $TMPFILE $SVNCONF
fi
fi

emerge -v --sync; RESULT=$?

COUNT=$((COUNT+1))
done

[ $RESULT -eq 0 ] || die "emerge --sync failed"

--Rabbe