Old 04-17-2008, 07:39 AM
"Duft Markus"

Default force certain USE flags per package.

Hi!

How can i mask (or force) a certain USE flag on a per package basis? i
tried package.use, but that seems to just change the default (?). while
searching i also saw package.use.force somewhere on the net, but that
isn't used i think.

Cheers, Markus

Old 04-17-2008, 07:47 AM
"Duft Markus"

Duft Markus <> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How can i mask (or force) a certain USE flag on a per package basis?
> i tried package.use, but that seems to just change the default (?).
> while searching i also saw package.use.force somewhere on the net,
> but that isn't used i think.
>
> Cheers, Markus

hah, one has to use package.use.{mask,force} correctly, then it works

thanks anyway, and sorry for the noise...

Cheers, Markus

Old 04-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Fabian Groffen

On 17-04-2008 09:47:35 +0200, Duft Markus wrote:
> Duft Markus <> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > How can i mask (or force) a certain USE flag on a per package basis?
> > i tried package.use, but that seems to just change the default (?).
> > while searching i also saw package.use.force somewhere on the net,
> > but that isn't used i think.
> >
> > Cheers, Markus
>
> hah, one has to use package.use.{mask,force} correctly, then it works

Ehm, yes, but where exactly are you going to use that? Have a look at
the darwin/macos profile where we enable "aqua" and "coreaudio".
I presume you want to enable/disable something for Interix?

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 04-17-2008, 11:13 AM
"Duft Markus"

Fabian Groffen <mailto:grobian@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 17-04-2008 09:47:35 +0200, Duft Markus wrote:
>> Duft Markus <> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> How can i mask (or force) a certain USE flag on a per package basis?
>>> i tried package.use, but that seems to just change the default (?).
>>> while searching i also saw package.use.force somewhere on the net,
>>> but that isn't used i think.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Markus
>>
>> hah, one has to use package.use.{mask,force} correctly, then it
>> works
>
> Ehm, yes, but where exactly are you going to use that? Have a look at
> the darwin/macos profile where we enable "aqua" and "coreaudio".
> I presume you want to enable/disable something for Interix?

i want to disable something for certain packages (fex guile in my case)
so that it is built without a USE flag, even if enabled in make.conf (in
my case threads, which breaks guile on interix).