Old 04-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Fabian Groffen

Default problem with sys-apps/acl and sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r2

On 16-04-2008 16:20:34 +0200, Hugo Venturini wrote:
> 2008/4/16, Bacchella Fabrice <fabrice.bacchella@exalead.com>:
> > In usr/portage/sys-apps/coreutils/coreutils-6.10-r2.ebuild,
> > it can be found :
> > RDEPEND="...
> > acl? ( sys-apps/acl )
> >
> > But there is no such package. My svn portage version is 20817.
> >

> Mine is 20906 and tha acl ebuild cannot be found either.
> In the prefixed gentoo portage, you have to compile with USE="-acl" ...
>
> I try an explaination ... might be wrong though ...
> To install this package would need you to recompile your kernel ...
> since you install prefixed, it is fair to assume that you don't have
> the privilege to install a need kernel. Thus giving acl would not make
> a lot of sense ...
> But if you know that acl is already install on your distribution and
> you want your coreutils installation to make use of it, you may
> specify it like this in the file 'package.provided'

Real reason is that I never checked the deps so well, so I just never
hit this problem. I'd have to look into sys-apps/acl, what it does and
what it's possible chances of working are. Of course coreutils'
capabilities to do something on non-linux platforms with 'acl'.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level