Old 04-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Bacchella Fabrice

Default problem with sys-apps/acl and sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r2

In usr/portage/sys-apps/coreutils/coreutils-6.10-r2.ebuild, it can be
found :

RDEPEND="...
acl? ( sys-apps/acl )

But there is no such package. My svn portage version is 20817.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:20 PM
"Hugo Venturini"

2008/4/16, Bacchella Fabrice <fabrice.bacchella@exalead.com>:
> In usr/portage/sys-apps/coreutils/coreutils-6.10-r2.ebuild,
> it can be found :
> RDEPEND="...
> acl? ( sys-apps/acl )
>
> But there is no such package. My svn portage version is 20817.

Mine is 20906 and tha acl ebuild cannot be found either.
In the prefixed gentoo portage, you have to compile with USE="-acl" ...

I try an explaination ... might be wrong though ...
To install this package would need you to recompile your kernel ...
since you install prefixed, it is fair to assume that you don't have
the privilege to install a need kernel. Thus giving acl would not make
a lot of sense ...
But if you know that acl is already install on your distribution and
you want your coreutils installation to make use of it, you may
specify it like this in the file 'package.provided'

Fabian, do you confirm or infirm that?

Old 04-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Bacchella Fabrice

I'm running Solaris, so I know for sur there is ACL and tools to
manage them. So perhaps the solution is a virtual/acl and a package
native-acl