Old 09-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Konstantin Tokarev

Default Emerge Zsh on Mac OS X Mountain Lion

06.09.2012, 21:48, "Fabian Groffen" <grobian@gentoo.org>:
> On 06-09-2012 16:06:25 +0400, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>
>> *06.09.2012, 04:01, "heroxbd@gmail.com" <heroxbd@gmail.com>:
>>> *This is not recommended, though I forgot the reason (maybe CFLAGS in
>>> *make.conf is itself cumulative.
>>>
>>> *Use CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe" and try again.
>> *https://gentoo-handbook.lugons.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-macos.xml
>
> As much as I like the Serbians/Belgraders, I really dislike these old
> bootstrapping instructions being available there. *We completely changed
> the way we prefer to do bootstraps, and these docs no longer match
> reality.

Oops... It's a first link from quick google search, and I actually used this manual
for installation someday it was official.

> While it's fine to use this document for inspiration, remember that it
> is no longer "supported" or "official".

OK

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-solaris.xml

"Intel-based Mac OS X users (e.g. MacBook, CoreDuo) should at least have -march=prescott
here to avoid compilation errors due to SSE instructions not being enabled. Core2Duo users can use -march=core2."

Is this statement still correct?

Konstantin

Old 09-07-2012, 06:41 AM
Fabian Groffen

On 06-09-2012 22:16:12 +0400, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-solaris.xml
>
> "Intel-based Mac OS X users (e.g. MacBook, CoreDuo) should at least have -march=prescott
> here to avoid compilation errors due to SSE instructions not being enabled. Core2Duo users can use -march=core2."
>
> Is this statement still correct?

Yes, that's why the profiles include prescott for x32, and nocona for
x64, and stage3 sets
CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -O2 -pipe"
to inherit any flags set by the profile.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level