-   -   Does Gentoo Prefix now install it's own glibc ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/699511-does-gentoo-prefix-now-install-its-own-glibc.html)

Asfand Qazi 08-31-2012 04:40 PM

Does Gentoo Prefix now install it's own glibc ?

Hi,

I'm doing an update after a long time, and find that glibc is is being
compiled - is that right? How comes the change from the previous model
to use system libc?

Thanks

Asfand Yar Qazi
Team 87 - High Throughput Gene Targeting
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute

Jeremy Olexa 08-31-2012 06:10 PM

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Asfand Qazi <aq2@sanger.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing an update after a long time, and find that glibc is is being
> compiled - is that right? How comes the change from the previous model to
> use system libc?

No, and it doesn't have any prefix KEYWORDS, so I guess that you
improperly used --autounmask or have a configuration error (invalid
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS)
-Jeremy

Fabian Groffen 08-31-2012 06:13 PM

On 31-08-2012 17:40:56 +0100, Asfand Qazi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing an update after a long time, and find that glibc is is being
> compiled - is that right? How comes the change from the previous model
> to use system libc?

... as far as I know, it's not keyworded ...

It's not supposed to be pulled in, let alone compiled.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

"Gregory M. Turner" 08-31-2012 09:16 PM

Does Gentoo Prefix now install it's own glibc ?