Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Alt (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/)
-   -   Problem with dev-python/pygtk in Mac OS X 10.8 (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/699103-problem-dev-python-pygtk-mac-os-x-10-8-a.html)

Francois Bissey 08-30-2012 09:14 AM

Problem with dev-python/pygtk in Mac OS X 10.8
 
On 30/08/12 20:12, Junqi Hu wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> The compiling procedure of dev-python/pygtk is broken when I install elogviewer by gentoo-prefix.
> I attache the build.log of this ebuild.
>
> Any hint?
>

What version of gcc are you using?

Francois

Junqi Hu 08-30-2012 10:03 AM

Problem with dev-python/pygtk in Mac OS X 10.8
 
On 2012-8-30, at 下午5:14, Francois Bissey <francois.bissey@canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> On 30/08/12 20:12, Junqi Hu wrote:
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> The compiling procedure of dev-python/pygtk is broken when I install elogviewer by gentoo-prefix.
>> I attache the build.log of this ebuild.
>>
>> Any hint?
>>
>
> What version of gcc are you using?
>
> Francois
>
>


$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.2.1 (Gentoo 4.2.1_p5666-r1, Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Konstantin Tokarev 08-30-2012 12:21 PM

Problem with dev-python/pygtk in Mac OS X 10.8
 
30.08.2012, 12:12, "Junqi Hu" <junqihu@me.com>:
> Hi, all.
>
> The compiling procedure of dev-python/pygtk is broken when I install elogviewer by gentoo-prefix.
> I attache the build.log of this ebuild.
>
> Any hint?


>/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSObjCRuntime.h:409: error: stray '@' in program

Seems like your GTK pulls in NSObjCRuntime.h into pure C code. It should either be compiled as Objective C,
or you should rebuild GTK for X11 instead of aqua.

--
Regards,
Konstantin

Junqi Hu 09-18-2012 05:15 AM

Problem with dev-python/pygtk in Mac OS X 10.8
 
On 2012-8-30, at 下午8:21, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@yandex.ru> wrote:

30.08.2012, 12:12, "Junqi Hu" <junqihu@me.com>:
Hi, all.

The compiling procedure of dev-python/pygtk is broken when I install elogviewer by gentoo-prefix.
I attache the build.log of this ebuild.

Any hint?


/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSObjCRuntime.h:409: error: stray '@' in program

Seems like your GTK pulls in NSObjCRuntime.h into pure C code. It should either be compiled as Objective C,
or you should rebuild GTK for X11 instead of aqua.

--
Regards,
Konstantin


thank you.
I have changed the USE in make.conf as follows:
USE="X -aqua cjk emacs gtk -minimal nls -kde -qt -qt4 unicode"
in order to build applications with X11.
Now, elogviewer has been emerged successfully. However, there is some bug when running elogviewer:
$ elogviewer/Users/junqihu/Gentoo/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display* warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)Traceback (most recent call last):* File "/Users/junqihu/Gentoo/usr/bin/elogviewer", line 596, in <module>* * main(sys.argv[1:])* File "/Users/junqihu/Gentoo/usr/bin/elogviewer", line 584, in main* * os.chdir("/var/log/portage")OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/log/portage'It is obvious that the ebuild of elogviewer should be modified*
---Best regards,
Junqi Hujunqihu@me.com

Konstantin Tokarev 09-18-2012 08:59 AM

Problem with dev-python/pygtk in Mac OS X 10.8
 
18.09.2012, 09:15, "Junqi Hu" <junqihu@me.com>:
> On 2012-8-30, at 下午8:21, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@yandex.ru> wrote:
>
>> 30.08.2012, 12:12, "Junqi Hu" <junqihu@me.com>:
>>> Hi, all.
>>>
>>> The compiling procedure of dev-python/pygtk is broken when I install elogviewer by gentoo-prefix.
>>> I attache the build.log of this ebuild.
>>>
>>> Any hint?
>>
>>> /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSObjCRuntime.h:409: error: stray '@' in program
>>
>> Seems like your GTK pulls in NSObjCRuntime.h into pure C code. It should either be compiled as Objective C,
>> or you should rebuild GTK for X11 instead of aqua.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Konstantin
>
> thank you.
> I have changed the USE in make.conf as follows:
> USE="X -aqua cjk emacs gtk -minimal nls -kde -qt -qt4 unicode"
> in order to build applications with X11.
> Now, elogviewer has been emerged successfully. However, there is some bug when running elogviewer:
> $ elogviewer
> /Users/junqihu/Gentoo/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display
> * warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> * File "/Users/junqihu/Gentoo/usr/bin/elogviewer", line 596, in <module>
> * * main(sys.argv[1:])
> * File "/Users/junqihu/Gentoo/usr/bin/elogviewer", line 584, in main
> * * os.chdir("/var/log/portage")
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/log/portage'
>
> It is obvious that the ebuild of elogviewer should be modified

Seems like it has hardcoded '/var/log/portage' path, so it needs to be patched.

I'd recommended you to use elogv instead, it works fine for me.

--
Regards,
Konstantin

Junqi Hu 09-18-2012 09:47 AM

Problem with dev-python/pygtk in Mac OS X 10.8
 
On 2012-9-18, at 下午4:59, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@yandex.ru> wrote:
18.09.2012, 09:15, "Junqi Hu" <junqihu@me.com>:
On 2012-8-30, at 下午8:21, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@yandex.ru> wrote:

30.08.2012, 12:12, "Junqi Hu" <junqihu@me.com>:
Hi, all.

The compiling procedure of dev-python/pygtk is broken when I install elogviewer by gentoo-prefix.
I attache the build.log of this ebuild.

Any hint?

/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Headers/NSObjCRuntime.h:409: error: stray '@' in program

Seems like your GTK pulls in NSObjCRuntime.h into pure C code. It should either be compiled as Objective C,
or you should rebuild GTK for X11 instead of aqua.

--
Regards,
Konstantin

thank you.
I have changed the USE in make.conf as follows:
USE="X -aqua cjk emacs gtk -minimal nls -kde -qt -qt4 unicode"
in order to build applications with X11.
Now, elogviewer has been emerged successfully. However, there is some bug when running elogviewer:
$ elogviewer
/Users/junqihu/Gentoo/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display
* warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
* File "/Users/junqihu/Gentoo/usr/bin/elogviewer", line 596, in <module>
* * main(sys.argv[1:])
* File "/Users/junqihu/Gentoo/usr/bin/elogviewer", line 584, in main
* * os.chdir("/var/log/portage")
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/log/portage'

It is obvious that the ebuild of elogviewer should be modified

Seems like it has hardcoded '/var/log/portage' path, so it needs to be patched.

I'd recommended you to use elogv instead, it works fine for me.

--
Regards,
Konstantin


Thanks.
That's great, except its interface.

---Best regards,
Junqi Hujunqihu@me.com


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:23 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.