-   -   Perl 5.16.x on Prefix ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/696254-perl-5-16-x-prefix.html)

Alan Hourihane 08-21-2012 09:23 AM

Perl 5.16.x on Prefix ?

Hi all,

I talked to Jeremy about this last night, but it seems perl 5.16.x
hasn't been adjusted for Prefix.

The patches aren't applied and it's a much reduced ebuild. Has anyone
tested 5.16.x on prefix yet ?

Thanks,

Alan.

Fabian Groffen 08-21-2012 12:12 PM

Perl 5.16.x on Prefix ?

On 21-08-2012 10:23:01 +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I talked to Jeremy about this last night, but it seems perl 5.16.x
> hasn't been adjusted for Prefix.
>
> The patches aren't applied and it's a much reduced ebuild. Has anyone
> tested 5.16.x on prefix yet ?

5.16.1 is on all my boxes, and it has done all the bootstraps of the
last few weeks... The magic is in the eblits now.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Jeremy Olexa 08-21-2012 02:34 PM

Perl 5.16.x on Prefix ?

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:23 AM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I talked to Jeremy about this last night, but it seems perl 5.16.x
> hasn't been adjusted for Prefix.
>
> The patches aren't applied and it's a much reduced ebuild. Has anyone
> tested 5.16.x on prefix yet ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan.

Oh yes, perl-5.16 definately works just fine. I never said that it didn't =P
-Jeremy

Alan Hourihane 08-21-2012 03:19 PM

Perl 5.16.x on Prefix ?

On 08/21/12 15:34, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:23 AM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I talked to Jeremy about this last night, but it seems perl 5.16.x
>> hasn't been adjusted for Prefix.
>>
>> The patches aren't applied and it's a much reduced ebuild. Has anyone
>> tested 5.16.x on prefix yet ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Alan.
>>
> Oh yes, perl-5.16 definately works just fine. I never said that it didn't =P
Sure, but my question was that I can't see where the patches are applied
via the eblits for prefix, which you didn't seem to know.

Alan.

Alan Hourihane 08-21-2012 03:20 PM

Perl 5.16.x on Prefix ?

On 08/21/12 13:12, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 21-08-2012 10:23:01 +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I talked to Jeremy about this last night, but it seems perl 5.16.x
>> hasn't been adjusted for Prefix.
>>
>> The patches aren't applied and it's a much reduced ebuild. Has anyone
>> tested 5.16.x on prefix yet ?
> 5.16.1 is on all my boxes, and it has done all the bootstraps of the
> last few weeks... The magic is in the eblits now.

From what I could see, the eblits just apply upstream perl patches. How
are the prefix patches applied ?

Alan.

Brad Macpherson 08-21-2012 03:29 PM

Perl 5.16.x on Prefix ?

Jeremy Olexa 08-21-2012 03:53 PM

Perl 5.16.x on Prefix ?

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On 08/21/12 15:34, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:23 AM, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I talked to Jeremy about this last night, but it seems perl 5.16.x
>>> hasn't been adjusted for Prefix.
>>>
>>> The patches aren't applied and it's a much reduced ebuild. Has anyone
>>> tested 5.16.x on prefix yet ?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Alan.
>>>
>> Oh yes, perl-5.16 definately works just fine. I never said that it didn't =P
> Sure, but my question was that I can't see where the patches are applied
> via the eblits for prefix, which you didn't seem to know.
>
> Alan.

The patches are here, not sure where the source SCM is though.
http://dev.gentoo.org/~tove/distfiles/dev-lang/perl/perl-5.16.1-1.tar.bz2

-Jeremy

Alan Hourihane 08-21-2012 05:18 PM

Perl 5.16.x on Prefix ?

On 08/21/12 13:12, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 21-08-2012 10:23:01 +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I talked to Jeremy about this last night, but it seems perl 5.16.x
>> hasn't been adjusted for Prefix.
>>
>> The patches aren't applied and it's a much reduced ebuild. Has anyone
>> tested 5.16.x on prefix yet ?
> 5.16.1 is on all my boxes, and it has done all the bootstraps of the
> last few weeks... The magic is in the eblits now.

O.k. I see they're all contained in a new tarball. :-(

It was nice and easy in the FILESDIR/...

Now I've got to go munging tarballs....

Alan.

Fabian Groffen 08-21-2012 06:12 PM

Perl 5.16.x on Prefix ?

On 21-08-2012 16:29:40 +0100, Brad Macpherson wrote:
> On 21/08/12 10:23, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I talked to Jeremy about this last night, but it seems perl 5.16.x
> > hasn't been adjusted for Prefix.
> >
> > The patches aren't applied and it's a much reduced ebuild. Has anyone
> > tested 5.16.x on prefix yet ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Alan.
> >

> G'day Alan,
>
> I have 5.16.0 working on AIX 6.1, albeit with a *lot* of dev-perl and
> perl-core ebuilds in a local overlay to get around the lack of
> '~ppc-aix' keywords.

that should be easy to fix with a single bug and a list of packages to
simply keyword...

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level