-   -   some statistics (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/69104-some-statistics.html)

Fabian Groffen 04-13-2008 07:05 PM

some statistics

Inspired by GMN's beautifully graphed statistics, I decided to do myself
a crash-course ruby to do some statistics myself. I plan on running it
daily or something in order to gain supercool graphs too.

Anyway, here are the numbers ;)

[ra:gentoo/clean/prefix-overlay-statistics] % ./count-arches.rb
keyword eblds pkgs
all: 2952 1705
~x86-linux: 2833 1663
~amd64-linux: 2782 1599
~ppc-macos: 2021 1179
~ia64-linux: 1919 1049
~x86-macos: 1834 1124
~sparc-solaris: 1230 674
~x86-solaris: 1031 513
~x86-freebsd: 663 425
~mips-linux: 575 347
~x86-interix: 448 353
~ppc-aix: 281 121
~ia64-hpux: 177 91
~sparc64-solaris: 152 86
~x64-solaris: 151 84
scan completed in 4.3s

To sum it up, there are 2952 ebuilds in the Prefix tree, making up 1705
packages. You can sort of deduce what arches I use. ;)

To aid comparing against our big brother:

[ra:export/gentoo/rsync-tree] % ./count-arches.rb
keyword eblds pkgs
all: 24544 12547
x86: 13161 9275
~amd64: 11080 6738