-   -   ". (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/674019-a.html)

Asfand Qazi 06-18-2012 11:45 AM

".

On 15/06/12 16:23, Jeremy Olexa wrote:

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Asfand Qazi<aq2@sanger.ac.uk> wrote:

Hello, when I've been trying to do a emerge -DuvNta world recently, this is
what I've been getting:

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "app-text/ghostscript-gpl[cups]".
(dependency required by "net-print/cups-1.5.3" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-java/icedtea-bin-7.2.1-r1[X]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])

I can create my own ebuild in my local overlay, but is there a more
permanent fix to this?

USE=cups is masked. icedtea-bin[X] requires cups. icedtea-bin is not
keyworded for Gentoo Prefix.

With that above info, we have already taken care of protecting users
who are not hacking on Gentoo Prefix. After looking at the icedtea-bin
ebuild, looks like you can disable USE=X and install it without cups?

Good luck, you are in untested/unsupported territory,
Jeremy

Thanks. I kind of need X with iced-tea to run desktop apps, so I'll try
unmasking USE=cups and see what happens.

Asfand Yar Qazi
Team 87 - High Throughput Gene Targeting
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute