-   -   media-gfx/xfig (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/663636-media-gfx-xfig.html)

Johan Hattne 05-06-2012 11:46 AM

media-gfx/xfig

Dear all;

I'm not sure what's causing this, given the changes in how the prefix portage tree and the main ditto are synchronised. In the main tree I've got media-gfx/xfig-3.2.5b-r2, whereas in the prefix the latest version is 3.2.5b. This is important because the latter doesn't have the necessary patches to build with libpng-1.5. Enlightenment, anyone?

// Best wishes; Johan

Konstantin Tokarev 05-06-2012 12:12 PM

media-gfx/xfig

06.05.2012, 15:46, "Johan Hattne" <jhattne@lbl.gov>:
> Dear all;
>
> I'm not sure what's causing this, given the changes in how the prefix portage tree and the main ditto are synchronised. *In the main tree I've got media-gfx/xfig-3.2.5b-r2, whereas in the prefix the latest version is 3.2.5b.

That's what emerge tell you, or r2 ebuild is really missing in the tree?

>*This is important because the latter doesn't have the necessary patches to build with libpng-1.5. *Enlightenment, anyone?

Maybe it's a different issue, but I still have git 1.7.8.x proposed as updates for git. I've installed 1.7.9.4 by manual emerging of ebuild, but portage still propses me "upgarde" to 1.7.8.x.

Konstantin

Fabian Groffen 05-06-2012 12:27 PM

media-gfx/xfig

On 06-05-2012 04:46:45 -0700, Johan Hattne wrote:
> Dear all;
>
> I'm not sure what's causing this, given the changes in how the prefix portage tree and the main ditto are synchronised. In the main tree I've got media-gfx/xfig-3.2.5b-r2, whereas in the prefix the latest version is 3.2.5b. This is important because the latter doesn't have the necessary patches to build with libpng-1.5. Enlightenment, anyone?

Prefix tree has a modified copy, for Darwin and Solaris patches. A sync
had to be performed, which has just been committed.

Fabian

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Johan Hattne 05-07-2012 08:21 PM

media-gfx/xfig

On 6 May 2012, at 05:12, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

> 06.05.2012, 15:46, "Johan Hattne" <jhattne@lbl.gov>:
>> Dear all;
>>
>> I'm not sure what's causing this, given the changes in how the prefix portage tree and the main ditto are synchronised. In the main tree I've got media-gfx/xfig-3.2.5b-r2, whereas in the prefix the latest version is 3.2.5b.
>
> That's what emerge tell you, or r2 ebuild is really missing in the tree?

It was really missing from the tree.

>> This is important because the latter doesn't have the necessary patches to build with libpng-1.5. Enlightenment, anyone?
>
> Maybe it's a different issue, but I still have git 1.7.8.x proposed as updates for git. I've installed 1.7.9.4 by manual emerging of ebuild, but portage still propses me "upgarde" to 1.7.8.x.

Different issue, I guess. However, Fabian's sync did the trick. Thanks all for your help!

// Cheers; Johan

Fabian Groffen 05-08-2012 06:20 AM

media-gfx/xfig

To (try to) clarify for all:

On 07-05-2012 13:21:34 -0700, Johan Hattne wrote:
> >> I'm not sure what's causing this, given the changes in how the prefix portage tree and the main ditto are synchronised. In the main tree I've got media-gfx/xfig-3.2.5b-r2, whereas in the prefix the latest version is 3.2.5b.
> >
> > That's what emerge tell you, or r2 ebuild is really missing in the tree?
>
> It was really missing from the tree.

Everything you can find here:
http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/browser/trunk/prefix-overlay
ends up in the rsync tree, replacing the packages from mainline Gentoo.

Hence, what you see here:
http://rsync1.prefix.freens.org/
is the Gentoo linux rsync tree, with the packages from above url
replaced.

libpng is in the overlay, and it was "behind", hence revisions were
missing.

Fabian

--
Fabian Groffen