Old 04-02-2008, 08:09 PM
"Brendan Oakley"

Default Problems detected with my world file

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 02-04-2008 06:45:14 +0200, Mietek Bąk wrote:
> > Dear Gentoo-Alt,
> >
> > This morning's sync broke my Gentoo:
> >
> > > !!! Problems have been detected with your world file
> > > !!! Please run emaint --check world
> > >
> > > !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
> > > !!! masked or don't exist:
> > > sys-apps/baselayout sys-apps/baselayout
> >
> > Of course, running emaint doesn't do anything. Any clues?
>
> I have exactly the same, but it seems not to harm other than to annoy.
>
> This baselayout thing is due to a change in a virtual, I should correct
> for prefix. Thanks!

It should be safe (and tidier) to remove baselayout from the world
file because it is included in system. Or am I missing something?

Brendan

Old 04-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 02-04-2008 13:09:42 -0700, Brendan Oakley wrote:
> > I have exactly the same, but it seems not to harm other than to annoy.
> >
> > This baselayout thing is due to a change in a virtual, I should correct
> > for prefix. Thanks!
>
> It should be safe (and tidier) to remove baselayout from the world
> file because it is included in system. Or am I missing something?

I removed it from the system set, and replaced it with baselayout-prefix
in the default-prefix profile.

That /should/ fix it.

--
Fabian Groffen