Old 01-27-2012, 12:07 PM

Default possible input to bootstrap guide

Dear all,

When I am trying to bootstrap on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, some workarounds are
used:

1. wget-1.13.4-r1 begin to use autotools and depends on autoconf, which
in turn depends on texinfo, which cannot be emerged before =gcc-4.2.

workaround: emerge -1O "<=wget-1.13.4"

2. >=binutils-2.21 needs host c++ to emerge (at configure-gold). On some
host, g++ is not available. We need to be able to bootstrap only from c.

workaround: emerge -1O "<binutils-2.21"

Yours,
Benda
--
XU Benda
Research Center for Neutrino Science

http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda

Old 01-28-2012, 12:35 PM

Additionally,

heroxbd@gmail.com writes:

> When I am trying to bootstrap on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, some workarounds are
> used:
>
> 1. wget-1.13.4-r1 begin to use autotools and depends on autoconf, which
> in turn depends on texinfo, which cannot be emerged before =gcc-4.2.
>
> workaround: emerge -1O "<=wget-1.13.4"
>
> 2. >=binutils-2.21 needs host c++ to emerge (at configure-gold). On some
> host, g++ is not available. We need to be able to bootstrap only from c.
>
> workaround: emerge -1O "<binutils-2.21"

3. when host gcc version is later than 4.2 (or 4.0? need more test), we
can just directly bootstrap with 4.5 (lastest unmasked version), the
only difference being the gcc deps such as mpfr gmp and mpc.