FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Alt

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Rachel Greenham
 
Default prefix svn server down

For several days now when I try to emerge --sync I just get Connection
closed unexpectedly, from both my gentoo-prefixed machines.


Anyone else getting this? Anything I should be doing?

Entering Gentoo Prefix /Gentoo
Merus environment ready.
rachel@pooka ~ $ emerge --sync
>>> Starting svn update...
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
rachel@pooka ~ $ svn info /Gentoo/usr/portage
Path: /Gentoo/usr/portage
URL: svn://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/trunk/prefix-overlay
Repository Root: svn://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt
Repository UUID: dcf5e38c-c701-0410-9811-92a63bff3de1
Revision: 19881
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: haubi
Last Changed Rev: 19881
Last Changed Date: 2008-03-26 10:16:18 +0000 (Wed, 26 Mar 2008)

--
Rachel
 
Old 03-30-2008, 04:47 PM
MATSUI Fe2+ Tetsushi
 
Default prefix svn server down

Hi, Rachael

At Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:34:23 +0100,
Rachel Greenham wrote:
>
> For several days now when I try to emerge --sync I just get Connection
> closed unexpectedly, from both my gentoo-prefixed machines.
>
> Anyone else getting this? Anything I should be doing?
>
> Entering Gentoo Prefix /Gentoo
> Merus environment ready.
> rachel@pooka ~ $ emerge --sync
> >>> Starting svn update...
> svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
> rachel@pooka ~ $ svn info /Gentoo/usr/portage
> Path: /Gentoo/usr/portage
> URL: svn://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/trunk/prefix-overlay
> Repository Root: svn://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt
> Repository UUID: dcf5e38c-c701-0410-9811-92a63bff3de1
> Revision: 19881
> Node Kind: directory
> Schedule: normal
> Last Changed Author: haubi
> Last Changed Rev: 19881
> Last Changed Date: 2008-03-26 10:16:18 +0000 (Wed, 26 Mar 2008)
>

Are you suffering still?

I was suffering the same error for a whole day.
(My Last Changed Rev was 19923)

After reading your mail, I removed the newest directory under
usr/portage, which was sys-apps. Then, I could update.

I don't have any means to know which truly solved the problem, the
deletion or a server side repair. In the latter case, you may have
already noticed the fact and this mail means nothing. But, if the
former is the case, you might be waiting for some hints; here is mine.

I hope this may not bother you.
--
MATSUI "Fe2+" Tetsushi
--
gentoo-alt@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 03-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Rabbe Fogelholm
 
Default prefix svn server down

I tested `emerge --sync', for me it works (and I am behind a proxy even). My prefix
was bootstrapped very recently but of course that should not make a difference.


--Rabbe Fogelholm


Rachel Greenham wrote:
For several days now when I try to emerge --sync I just get Connection
closed unexpectedly, from both my gentoo-prefixed machines.


Anyone else getting this? Anything I should be doing?

Entering Gentoo Prefix /Gentoo
Merus environment ready.
rachel@pooka ~ $ emerge --sync
>>> Starting svn update...
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
rachel@pooka ~ $ svn info /Gentoo/usr/portage
Path: /Gentoo/usr/portage
URL: svn://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/trunk/prefix-overlay
Repository Root: svn://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt
Repository UUID: dcf5e38c-c701-0410-9811-92a63bff3de1
Revision: 19881
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: haubi
Last Changed Rev: 19881
Last Changed Date: 2008-03-26 10:16:18 +0000 (Wed, 26 Mar 2008)


--
gentoo-alt@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 03-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Rachel Greenham
 
Default prefix svn server down

There must indeed have been something odd locally poisoning it. I just
did rm -rfv /Gentoo/usr/portage/* and... emerge --sync failed
horribly :-) so i restored /Gentoo/usr/portage/profiles based on a
hunch informed by stuff in the error messages and emerge --sync is now
pulling everything down happily, it seems.


--
Rachel

On 30 Mar 2008, at 17:47, MATSUI Fe2+ Tetsushi wrote:

Hi, Rachael

At Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:34:23 +0100,
Rachel Greenham wrote:


For several days now when I try to emerge --sync I just get
Connection

closed unexpectedly, from both my gentoo-prefixed machines.

Anyone else getting this? Anything I should be doing?

Entering Gentoo Prefix /Gentoo
Merus environment ready.
rachel@pooka ~ $ emerge --sync

Starting svn update...

svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
rachel@pooka ~ $ svn info /Gentoo/usr/portage
Path: /Gentoo/usr/portage
URL: svn://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/trunk/prefix-overlay
Repository Root: svn://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt
Repository UUID: dcf5e38c-c701-0410-9811-92a63bff3de1
Revision: 19881
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: haubi
Last Changed Rev: 19881
Last Changed Date: 2008-03-26 10:16:18 +0000 (Wed, 26 Mar 2008)



Are you suffering still?

I was suffering the same error for a whole day.
(My Last Changed Rev was 19923)

After reading your mail, I removed the newest directory under
usr/portage, which was sys-apps. Then, I could update.

I don't have any means to know which truly solved the problem, the
deletion or a server side repair. In the latter case, you may have
already noticed the fact and this mail means nothing. But, if the
former is the case, you might be waiting for some hints; here is mine.

I hope this may not bother you.
--
MATSUI "Fe2+" Tetsushi
--
gentoo-alt@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 03-31-2008, 06:15 AM
Fabian Groffen
 
Default prefix svn server down

On 30-03-2008 23:09:42 +0100, Rachel Greenham wrote:
> There must indeed have been something odd locally poisoning it. I just did
> rm -rfv /Gentoo/usr/portage/* and... emerge --sync failed horribly :-) so i
> restored /Gentoo/usr/portage/profiles based on a hunch informed by stuff in
> the error messages and emerge --sync is now pulling everything down
> happily, it seems.

I don't think one of the directories is/was related to the problem.
However, it appears that yesterday evening the functionality was
restored, and it started to work again.

Yet unknown what and why it happened, but it is annoying for sure!


--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level
--
gentoo-alt@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:37 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org