Old 03-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Alan Hourihane

Default error emerging -e system

Just checking on emerging -e system and get this...

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86-linux emerge -pe system

Calculating dependencies
emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "virtual/man".
(dependency required by "sys-apps/man-pages-2.79" [ebuild])

!!! Problem resolving dependencies for sys-apps/man-pages from @system

There's definitely no virtual/man directory in the prefix tree.

Alan.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 26-03-2008 16:30:29 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> Just checking on emerging -e system and get this...
>
> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86-linux emerge -pe system

> Calculating dependencies
> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "virtual/man".
> (dependency required by "sys-apps/man-pages-2.79" [ebuild])

Hmmmm... weird.

> There's definitely no virtual/man directory in the prefix tree.

None in the main tree either. virtual/man is an old-style virtual.
sys-apps/man has PROVIDE="virtual/man" in the ebuild, and profiles/base
has virtual/man sys-apps/man in it, so this should work...

Are you on a real ~x86-linux system, or on your FreeMiNT system? Do you
have a valid profile that eventually inherits from base?

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 03-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Jeremy

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Are you on a real ~x86-linux system,

Alan,
No issues here on a real x86-linux prefix.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Alan Hourihane

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 18:55 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 26-03-2008 16:30:29 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > Just checking on emerging -e system and get this...
> >
> > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86-linux emerge -pe system
> >
> > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
> >
> > Calculating dependencies
> > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "virtual/man".
> > (dependency required by "sys-apps/man-pages-2.79" [ebuild])
>
> Hmmmm... weird.
>
> > There's definitely no virtual/man directory in the prefix tree.
>
> None in the main tree either. virtual/man is an old-style virtual.
> sys-apps/man has PROVIDE="virtual/man" in the ebuild, and profiles/base
> has virtual/man sys-apps/man in it, so this should work...

Mmm. Something got messed up with my SVN. Fixed now.

> Are you on a real ~x86-linux system, or on your FreeMiNT system? Do you
> have a valid profile that eventually inherits from base?

On FreeMiNT :-)

Alan.