Old 03-25-2008, 06:30 AM
"Duft Markus"

Default Interix coreutils -> df?

Fabian Groffen <mailto:grobian@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I got problems compiling coreutils, it keeps complaining that it can't
> determine how to read list of mounted file systems.

There is a patch fixing this in the tree.

> Now the ebuild seems to do some "working around broken headers", which
> I'm trying now, but I noticed the ebuild doesn't install df on
> Interix, as there is no way to get this list. However, I stumbled
> upon this patch:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-coreutils@gnu.org/msg06144.html

Yeah, i saw this a few days ago too, and it seems to work at another
location, so most probably it would be ok for gnulib, and fix coreutils
and finutils issues with this. I have to look into it.

> Seems to be some licence issue with it, I'm no lawyer but I feel like
> the patch is public domain/AS-IS, and they just want it to become GPL
> or something, so should not be a problem for us Gentoo people, right?

I don't thinks so. Also at that other location where i put it in, i just
took the concept of how to do it and wrote it on my own, so there should
be no problems, unless somebody patentet this

> Looks like that patch does indeed a trivial walk over /dev/fs, so
> shows some stupid information for df, which other utilities may get
> very happy from/with.

Yeah, i will fix this issues as soon as i have time.

Cheers, Markus