Old 11-04-2011, 01:11 PM

Default a prefix mirror in China

Hi forks,

I am going to setup a gentoo-portage-prefix mirror in China at Tsinghua
University[1]. The ipv4 network is too slow. Neither of
rsync.{us,eu}.prefix.freens.org is ipv6 ready, only
rsync1.prefix.freens.org is. However, it is a master server that forbids
sync pull.

Therefore I am asking to have a permission for my server to pull
from rsync1 via ipv6.

Our ipv6 address is 2402:f000:1:8a1:2e0:81ff:febc:5016 (AAAA record of
mirror.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn).

If you have a better solution, please let me know.

Yours,
Benda

1. http://mirror.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/ with lots of Chinese glyphs ;-)
--
XU Benda
Research Center for Neutrino Science

http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda

Old 11-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 04-11-2011 23:11:40 +0900, heroxbd@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi forks,
>
> I am going to setup a gentoo-portage-prefix mirror in China at Tsinghua
> University[1]. The ipv4 network is too slow. Neither of
> rsync.{us,eu}.prefix.freens.org is ipv6 ready, only
> rsync1.prefix.freens.org is. However, it is a master server that forbids
> sync pull.
>
> Therefore I am asking to have a permission for my server to pull
> from rsync1 via ipv6.
>
> Our ipv6 address is 2402:f000:1:8a1:2e0:81ff:febc:5016 (AAAA record of
> mirror.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn).
>
> If you have a better solution, please let me know.

At the moment rsync1 is experiencing network slowness, but I'll add your
mirror to it's whitelist soon.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level