-   -   broke prefix installation using "eselect profile" (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/578504-broke-prefix-installation-using-eselect-profile.html)

Martin Luessi 09-21-2011 06:06 PM

broke prefix installation using "eselect profile"

Hi,

I just successfully installed a gentoo prefix setup on CentOS (amd64).
I was silly and used "eselect profile" after the instllation and this
seems to have broken the instllation. I tried to fix it by having
"$EPREFIX/etc/make.profile" point to
"$EPREFIX/usr/portage/profiles/prefix/linux/amd64". However, now
portage tries to install masked packages, e.g.,

emerge -a portage
..
[ebuild N *] sys-apps/sandbox-2.5 USE="(-multilib)"
[ebuild U *] sys-apps/portage-9999 [2.2.01.19295] USE="-python2% -python3%"

The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
#required by sys-apps/portage-9999, required by portage (argument)
>=sys-apps/sandbox-2.5 **
#required by portage (argument)
>=sys-apps/portage-9999 **

On the other hand, if I set "EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--autounmask=n" all
versions of portage seem to be masked. I have not manually unmasked or
masked any packages and have no idea why this is happening. Any tips
on how to fix this are greatly appreciated.

Martin

Fabian Groffen 09-21-2011 06:13 PM

broke prefix installation using "eselect profile"

Hi Martin,

On 21-09-2011 14:06:47 -0400, Martin Luessi wrote:
> I just successfully installed a gentoo prefix setup on CentOS (amd64).
> I was silly and used "eselect profile" after the instllation and this
> seems to have broken the instllation. I tried to fix it by having
> "$EPREFIX/etc/make.profile" point to
> "$EPREFIX/usr/portage/profiles/prefix/linux/amd64". However, now
> portage tries to install masked packages, e.g.,
>
> emerge -a portage
> ..
> [ebuild N *] sys-apps/sandbox-2.5 USE="(-multilib)"
> [ebuild U *] sys-apps/portage-9999 [2.2.01.19295] USE="-python2% -python3%"
>
> The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
> #required by sys-apps/portage-9999, required by portage (argument)
> >=sys-apps/sandbox-2.5 **
> #required by portage (argument)
> >=sys-apps/portage-9999 **
>
> On the other hand, if I set "EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--autounmask=n" all
> versions of portage seem to be masked. I have not manually unmasked or
> masked any packages and have no idea why this is happening. Any tips
> on how to fix this are greatly appreciated.

I think you messed with your SYNC variable. There is no portage-9999 in
the Prefix tree, so I think you synced up a gx86 tree.

Make sure portageq envvar SYNC returns a prefix mirror,
e.g. rsync://rsync.prefix.freens.org/gentoo-portage-prefix

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Martin Luessi 09-21-2011 06:32 PM

broke prefix installation using "eselect profile"

Fabian,

Thanks a lot, changing the SYNC variable back fixed it. I am new to
gentoo-prefix and was not aware that it uses a different tree.

Best,

Martin

Fabian Groffen 09-21-2011 06:37 PM

On 21-09-2011 14:32:32 -0400, Martin Luessi wrote:
> Thanks a lot, changing the SYNC variable back fixed it. I am new to
> gentoo-prefix and was not aware that it uses a different tree.

now you know why :)

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level