Old 08-10-2011, 01:31 AM

Default Best Practice in Adopting New Ebuilds in Prefix

Hi Jeremy,

I tried 2.0.0_rc1-r1 version in prefix (with the magic of autounmask )
just now. It's still not prefix enabled yet.

Yours,
Benda

--
XU Benda
Research Center for Neutrino Science

http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda

Old 08-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Jeremy Olexa

I tried 2.0.0_rc1-r1 version in prefix (with the magic of autounmask )
just now. It's still not prefix enabled yet.

Yea, it was poorly tested. Look onto rc2, once that hits the mirrors. We
are working with the developers more for that one.

-Jeremy

Old 08-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Fabian Groffen

On 10-08-2011 10:17:27 +0900, heroxbd@gmail.com wrote:
> Dear Fabian,
>
> After reading through the recruitment process[1], I think the process
> for me is like this. Correct me if I misunderstood something.
>
> 1. I will have a mentor (one of the Prefix developer?) and he would open
> a bug for me.

Yup

> 2. I send the ebuild quiz to my mentor and the Gentoo recruiters
> recruiters@gentoo.org

First you go with your mentor over it until your mentor is happy with
your answers.

> 3. After the normal Gentoo recruitment process is finished. At this
> point I am a Gentoo developer (oy~). Then I take the Prefix quiz for
> prefix tree access (or I can do the two in parallel?)

After the first quiz, you can also work on the Prefix quiz, so you
basically get both at the same time.

> So now I need to figure out who would be my mentor.

Unless someone else volunteers, that'll be me.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level