Old 06-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Valentin Ochs

Default Gentoo with musl

Hi,

I'm trying to create an installation of gentoo that uses [musl libc]
instead of glibc. So far I have a working environment with a fresh
portage install. Next I want to install some basic packages that're
probably going to overwrite existing files. So I'd like to know the
preferred way of changing packages for alt projects. gcc for example
depends on glibc, but I won't install that, and ncurses needs a patch to
become POSIX compliant.

Regards,
Valentin

musl libc: http://www.etalabs.net/musl/

Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Fabian Groffen

Hi Valentin,

On 30-06-2011 12:04:13 +0200, Valentin Ochs wrote:
> I'm trying to create an installation of gentoo that uses [musl libc]
> instead of glibc. So far I have a working environment with a fresh
> portage install. Next I want to install some basic packages that're
> probably going to overwrite existing files. So I'd like to know the
> preferred way of changing packages for alt projects. gcc for example
> depends on glibc, but I won't install that, and ncurses needs a patch to
> become POSIX compliant.

I have no experience (apart from a bad one, long time ago) with
installing a libc in a Gentoo Prefix install. You are most probably
looking for something like Gentoo/FreeBSD, whith which I don't have much
experience either. Please see if you can find out how they did their
work. I'm sorry not to be able to help you more.

Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level