Old 05-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Jeffrey Ratcliffe

Default Mounting encrypted FS from prefix

Using a prefix (and therefore without root access), is there any way
of creating/mounting an encrypted file system (e.g. on a USB stick)?

Regards

Jeff

Old 05-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Kfir Lavi

Using a prefix (and therefore without root access), is there any way

of creating/mounting an encrypted file system (e.g. on a USB stick)?

Regards

Jeff

can you explain what is prefix?
I'm using encfs as regular user.
You run:
encfs /mnt/usbkey/my_enc_dir /home/jeff/usbenc

Regards,
Kfir

Old 05-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Jeffrey Ratcliffe

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/

> I'm using encfs as regular user.
> You run:
> encfs /mnt/usbkey/my_enc_dir /home/jeff/usbenc

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Regards

Jeff

Old 05-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Kfir Lavi

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Jeffrey Ratcliffe <jeffrey.ratcliffe@gmail.com> wrote:

On 6 May 2011 05:15, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@gmail.com> wrote:

> can you explain what is prefix?

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/

> I'm using encfs as regular user.

> You run:

> encfs /mnt/usbkey/my_enc_dir /home/jeff/usbenc

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Regards

Jeff

Ok,
now I understand.
You will need the support of fuse on the kernel.
What OS this Gentoo Prefix resides on ?
If the mother OS is Linux, you will not have much trouble.
Just make sure to load the 'fuse' module before using encfs.

Kfir