-   -   local output (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/50481-local-output.html)

Alan Hourihane 02-08-2008 04:07 PM

local output

When building, I get the normal output, but I don't get any output from
the configure script (i.e. in the src_compile() stage).

I thought PORTAGE_QUIET was worth checking, but that's not set.

Any ideas why I don't see output from configure but normal emerge
messages do appear ?

Alan.

Alan Hourihane 02-14-2008 05:00 PM

local output

On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 17:07 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> When building, I get the normal output, but I don't get any output from
> the configure script (i.e. in the src_compile() stage).
>
> I thought PORTAGE_QUIET was worth checking, but that's not set.
>
> Any ideas why I don't see output from configure but normal emerge
> messages do appear ?

Any ideas anyone on this ?

Alan.

Fabian Groffen 02-14-2008 05:16 PM

local output

On 14-02-2008 18:00:25 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-08 at 17:07 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > When building, I get the normal output, but I don't get any output from
> > the configure script (i.e. in the src_compile() stage).
> >
> > I thought PORTAGE_QUIET was worth checking, but that's not set.
> >
> > Any ideas why I don't see output from configure but normal emerge
> > messages do appear ?
>
> Any ideas anyone on this ?

No, apart from that I know Portage (used to) does some redirection with
pipes and stuff in python. Maybe this isn't fully working on your
platform. I can't recall the name of the module that's used for the
moment...

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level