-   -   please don't use html (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/488720-please-dont-use-html.html)

Perry Smith 02-13-2011 01:59 PM

please don't use html

On Feb 10, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Jeremy Olexa wrote:

I can try. I need to hit shift-command-T before I sent the message but there is nothing nagging me to do that.

I must ask that isn't it time to change? I use to be on your side 12 years ago but HTML in email has been with us for 15+ years now. It just isn't that hard to either take the text only part of it or sanitize the html. 15 years is a very long time to procrastinate doing something that would help lots of people.

The other choice which would help me is just reject the email. Then it comes back to me, I can covert the message, and send it a 2nd time. Its a small hassle but something that a few lists use to do.

Within the past five years, I find fewer and fewer lists that have this restriction. I can't recall a list that has this restriction except the gentoo list at this point. It is a somewhat negative "sales" characteristic for gentoo to make this restriction.

HTH,
pedz
(this is suppose to be plan text -- let me know if it isn't)

02-13-2011 04:23 PM

please don't use html

Hello Perry,

Please do not argue off-topics on the entire list.

Enabling HTML without Content-Type: multipart/alternative is
non-standard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_e-mail

Isn't it possible to set your MUA to send plain text as default?

Yours,
Benda

--
XU Benda