FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Alt

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Alan Hourihane
 
Default Can we bring in net-misc/ntp-4.2.6_p3 into prefix ?

Thanks,

Alan.
 
Old 01-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Jeremy Olexa
 
Default Can we bring in net-misc/ntp-4.2.6_p3 into prefix ?

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:56:30 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:

Thanks,

Alan.


Alan,

We hear your request, but being short on manpower (as always...) we
could use your testing and reporting on bugzilla to expediate the
process. Here are the tools we provide (for people that might not know):
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/ecopy.xml


-Jeremy
 
Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Alan Hourihane
 
Default Can we bring in net-misc/ntp-4.2.6_p3 into prefix ?

On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 14:01 -0600, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:56:30 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Alan.
>
> Alan,
>
> We hear your request, but being short on manpower (as always...) we
> could use your testing and reporting on bugzilla to expediate the
> process. Here are the tools we provide (for people that might not know):
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/ecopy.xml

Sorry,

It's already tested here. Just need it in portage :-)

Alan.
 
Old 01-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Fabian Groffen
 
Default Can we bring in net-misc/ntp-4.2.6_p3 into prefix ?

On 11-01-2011 20:08:08 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 14:01 -0600, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:56:30 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Alan.
> >
> > Alan,
> >
> > We hear your request, but being short on manpower (as always...) we
> > could use your testing and reporting on bugzilla to expediate the
> > process. Here are the tools we provide (for people that might not know):
> > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/ecopy.xml
>
> Sorry,
>
> It's already tested here. Just need it in portage :-)

I just updated/added it.


--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level
 
Old 01-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Alan Hourihane
 
Default Can we bring in net-misc/ntp-4.2.6_p3 into prefix ?

On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 21:10 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 11-01-2011 20:08:08 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 14:01 -0600, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> > > On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:56:30 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > Alan.
> > >
> > > Alan,
> > >
> > > We hear your request, but being short on manpower (as always...) we
> > > could use your testing and reporting on bugzilla to expediate the
> > > process. Here are the tools we provide (for people that might not know):
> > > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/ecopy.xml
> >
> > Sorry,
> >
> > It's already tested here. Just need it in portage :-)
>
> I just updated/added it.

Thanks Fabian !

Alan.
 
Old 01-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Alan Hourihane
 
Default Can we bring in net-misc/ntp-4.2.6_p3 into prefix ?

On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 14:01 -0600, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:56:30 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Alan.
>
> Alan,
>
> We hear your request, but being short on manpower (as always...) we
> could use your testing and reporting on bugzilla to expediate the
> process. Here are the tools we provide (for people that might not know):
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/ecopy.xml

Oh, and Jeremy, I would love to help out.

But the big hurdle is the tests involved to get Gentoo developer status,
and the research needed to pass them. Ugh.

Alan.
 
Old 01-14-2011, 03:10 AM
Jacob Godserv
 
Default Can we bring in net-misc/ntp-4.2.6_p3 into prefix ?

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 15:28, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> Oh, and Jeremy, I would love to help out.
>
> But the big hurdle is the tests involved to get Gentoo developer status,
> and the research needed to pass them. Ugh.

You don't have to be a developer to help out. Just file bug reports
and possibly fixes. The developer can just review at that point and
commit. You'd do the bulk of the work. That's how I've been doing it
for some time since I cannot consistently commit to developer-related
responsibilities myself.

--
* * Jacob

* * "For then there will be great distress, unequaled
* * from the beginning of the world until now — and never
* * to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
* * short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
* * elect those days will be shortened."

* * Are you ready?
 
Old 01-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Alan Hourihane
 
Default Can we bring in net-misc/ntp-4.2.6_p3 into prefix ?

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 23:10 -0500, Jacob Godserv wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 15:28, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> > Oh, and Jeremy, I would love to help out.
> >
> > But the big hurdle is the tests involved to get Gentoo developer status,
> > and the research needed to pass them. Ugh.
>
> You don't have to be a developer to help out. Just file bug reports
> and possibly fixes. The developer can just review at that point and
> commit. You'd do the bulk of the work. That's how I've been doing it
> for some time since I cannot consistently commit to developer-related
> responsibilities myself.

I already do this.

Alan.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org