Old 12-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Michael Haubenwallner

Default Prefix on AIX

Hi Perry,

with svn-trunk of prefix-launcher and the next prefix-tree snapshot,
you most likely should be able to get a working Prefix on AIX.

/haubi/ (on xmas holidays until 2010-01-10)
--
Michael Haubenwallner
Gentoo on a different level

Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Perry Smith

On Dec 23, 2010, at 10:57 AM, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Hi Perry,
>
> with svn-trunk of prefix-launcher and the next prefix-tree snapshot,
> you most likely should be able to get a working Prefix on AIX.
>
> /haubi/ (on xmas holidays until 2010-01-10)

Hi,

I hope you had a nice vacation. I didn't want to start asking for help too soon. I don't want to wear out my welcome.

I poked at what I have. Got past a few issues and got up to building ssh and died with:

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .EVP_des_cbc
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .EVP_md5
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .EVP_aes_128_cbc

I haven't played with it for a couple of weeks now. This last email from you kinda sounded like things were in the works.

I'm willing to start completely over is that will save the two of us grief.

Let me know your suggestions. I'm not in a big hurry at all.

Thank you for your time and efforts
Perry

Old 01-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Michael Haubenwallner

On 01/13/2011 06:15 PM, Perry Smith wrote:
> On Dec 23, 2010, at 10:57 AM, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>> Hi Perry,
>>
>> with svn-trunk of prefix-launcher and the next prefix-tree snapshot,
>> you most likely should be able to get a working Prefix on AIX.
>>
>> /haubi/ (on xmas holidays until 2010-01-10)
>
> I hope you had a nice vacation. I didn't want to start asking for help too soon. I don't want to wear out my welcome.

Thank you, was just fine!

> I poked at what I have. Got past a few issues and got up to building ssh and died with:
>
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .EVP_des_cbc
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .EVP_md5
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .EVP_aes_128_cbc

This is interesting: I've built openssh-5.5_p1-r2 just fine here
on both AIX 5.3 and 6.1, however without any USE-flags.

> I'm willing to start completely over is that will save the two of us grief.
>
> Let me know your suggestions. I'm not in a big hurry at all.

Good to know: I've just found a problem with zlib, which is built without
SONAME emulation again. Fixing this will break binaries linked against
libz.so, so you'll best start over once I've sorted it out.

Additionally, I'd like to add some help into ld-wrapper to get at least
some chance for a workaround to drop the technical need to always start
over in such cases.

I'll tell again once this is done.

Remember to self: It still has to be discussed with libtool upstream which
variant of SONAME emulation to finally choose, also to report consistent
aix-patches to upstreams of packages not using libtool (like zlib).

/haubi/
--
Michael Haubenwallner
Gentoo on a different level