Old 10-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Harold Pimentel

Default Boostrapping Prefix on i5 Mac OS X/Masked packages

Hi guys,

So I recently am in the process of bootstrapping and I get to the point where I 'emerge -e system' and it seems almost everything is masked. I understand I can put every package in packages.keywords or something like that, but there is probably a better way (that would taken forever!)?

What's the best solution to this problem?

Also, could I see someone's make.conf if they're on OS X? I'm relatively new to Gentoo and even newer to Prefix.

Thanks!

Harold

Old 10-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Florian CROUZAT

On 22 oct. 2010, at 22:29, Harold Pimentel wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> So I recently am in the process of bootstrapping and I get to the point where I 'emerge -e system' and it seems almost everything is masked. I understand I can put every package in packages.keywords or something like that, but there is probably a better way (that would taken forever!)?
>
> What's the best solution to this problem?
>
> Also, could I see someone's make.conf if they're on OS X? I'm relatively new to Gentoo and even newer to Prefix.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Harold

I'd check the output of "eselect profile list" and/or "ls -al /your/prefix/etc/make.profile"
The pointed directory should contains a make.default which should define your ARCH and more interestingly, ACCEPT_KEYWORDS to ~YOUR-ARCH, the tilde meaning you accept unstable package (mandatory with prefix). Or maybe you overrided the ACCEPT_KEYWORDS value in your make.conf with one without tilde ?

My 2 cents.

-----
Florian.
/ For security reasons, all text in this mail
is double-rot13 encrypted. /

Old 10-22-2010, 08:41 PM
"Gibson, John"

Hi Harold,
I've run prefix for a few years now and I most recently bootstrapped when I upgraded to 10.6 in the past year. *Unless this had changed recently the stable keywords (x86-macos vs. ~x86-macos) aren't really used (at least for OS X). *So if you're only have ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86-macos" then you'll probably find that many important things are masked. *I've also attached the make.conf that I use.
John
USE="nls unicode"CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -march=prescott"CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
# Do I still need this?ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86-macos ~x86-macos"
USE="bash-completion bzip2 flac git ithreads jpeg jpeg2k mmx mmxext mp3*** * msn nls ogg png spell sse sse2 sse3 threads tiff nls python readline** * subversion unicode vorbis xpm -xscreensaver X X509 zsh-completion"
LINGUAS="en"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/Library/Gentoo/usr/local/portage"
PORTAGE_NICENESS="8"
# Turn this on for Oracle Instant Client#FEATURES="allow_broken_install_names"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.netnitco.net http://gentoo.osuosl.org/"
On Oct 22, 2010, at 1:29 PM, Harold Pimentel wrote:Hi guys,

Old 10-23-2010, 02:03 AM
Harold Pimentel

Awesome! Thanks for the help, guys!

My Prefix is loaded now and I have a reasonable make.conf.

Unfortunately, I still have some minor issues. I have MacPorts installed (for the time being) which I need, so my PATH variable includes the MacPorts Paths, and I also have a CPATH variable set for building against some installed libraries.

I tried to 'unset' the variables in the startprefix script, but the variables are set when I'm in the Prefix shell. Any ideas of where I can call/put a script to set the correct variables and have it be automated when I call 'startprefix'?

Thanks,

Harold

Old 10-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Thomas Gommes

Hi Harold,
I deal with the same situation creating two different*.profile files .profile.gentoo and .profile.macport . In Mac OS terminal, I create two different settings using *"source .profile.gentoo" or*"source .profile.macport" as start command.

Thomas

--
Thomas Gommes
tgommes@gmail.com