Old 10-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Fabian Groffen

Default Bootstrapping on Solaris 64-bits, binutils breakage

All,

I just noticed that bootstrapping on Solaris 64-bits breaks with
binutils, because it happens to find libiberty.a from /usr/sfw/64
instead of its own internal built in copy.

I'm not yet sure how to fix it properly, but for now, I applied this
hack/workaround in step 1.7:

env LDFLAGS="-L$EPREFIX/usr/lib -R$EPREFIX/usr/lib -L$EPREFIX/lib -R$EPREFIX/lib" emerge --oneshot --nodeps binutils

this worked for me to get binutils built. gcc seems to the next to
break for the same reasons. So you'll also need

env LDFLAGS="-L$EPREFIX/usr/lib -R$EPREFIX/usr/lib -L$EPREFIX/lib -R$EPREFIX/lib" emerge --oneshot --nodeps "=gcc-4.2*"

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 10-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Al

> I just noticed that bootstrapping on Solaris 64-bits breaks with
> binutils, because it happens to find libiberty.a from /usr/sfw/64
> instead of its own internal built in copy.
>
> I'm not yet sure how to fix it properly, but for now, I applied this
> hack/workaround in step 1.7:
>
> env LDFLAGS="-L$EPREFIX/usr/lib -R$EPREFIX/usr/lib -L$EPREFIX/lib -R$EPREFIX/lib" emerge --oneshot --nodeps binutils
>
> this worked for me to get binutils built. *gcc seems to the next to
> break for the same reasons. *So you'll also need
>
> env LDFLAGS="-L$EPREFIX/usr/lib -R$EPREFIX/usr/lib -L$EPREFIX/lib -R$EPREFIX/lib" emerge --oneshot --nodeps "=gcc-4.2*"

Hm, strange.

1.) IMHO bootstrap-prefix.sh writes the same LDFLAGS to make.defaults.
Why don't they take effect?
2.) Why does this issue only occur for two programs? It's always the
same linker, isn't it?

Al

--
Caution crosser: *Runnig Gentoo/Prefix on Cygwin/Vista.
All stupid questions are related to that context.