Old 10-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Al

Default New QA warning?

I get the following warning while re-emerging ncurses:

* QA Notice: Excessive files found in the / partition
* /home/prefix/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-5.7-r5/image/home/prefix/gentoo/lib/libcurses.a
* /home/prefix/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-5.7-r5/image/home/prefix/gentoo/lib/libcurses.dll.a
* /home/prefix/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-5.7-r5/image/home/prefix/gentoo/lib/libncurses.a
* /home/prefix/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-5.7-r5/image/home/prefix/gentoo/lib/libncurses.dll.a

I didn't get it in the initial emerge. Is the warning new to
"misc-functions" or is there a better explanation for that?

Al

--
Caution crosser: *Runnig Gentoo/Prefix on Cygwin/Vista.
All stupid questions are related to that context.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Al

2010/10/11 Al <oss.elmar@googlemail.com>:
> I get the following warning while re-emerging ncurses:
>
> ** QA Notice: Excessive files found in the / partition
> ** /home/prefix/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-5.7-r5/image/home/prefix/gentoo/lib/libcurses.a
> ** /home/prefix/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-5.7-r5/image/home/prefix/gentoo/lib/libcurses.dll.a
> ** /home/prefix/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-5.7-r5/image/home/prefix/gentoo/lib/libncurses.a
> ** /home/prefix/gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-libs/ncurses-5.7-r5/image/home/prefix/gentoo/lib/libncurses.dll.a
>
> I didn't get it in the initial emerge. Is the warning new to
> "misc-functions" or is there a better explanation for that?
>
> Al

I found the right repository. The warning dates to 2007. So I have to
look for a different reason.

Al

Old 10-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 11-10-2010 14:26:42 +0200, Al wrote:
> I found the right repository. The warning dates to 2007. So I have to
> look for a different reason.

Isn't it perhaps that now --enable-static or something is enabled,
because the ebuild is now fully operational?

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 10-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Al

> Isn't it perhaps that now --enable-static or something is enabled,
> because the ebuild is now fully operational?

Possible. I have to read the docs again, how to inspect and play with
the use flags.

However, I didn't change make.conf after the initial bootstrapping. I
did emerge -u system.

I also did "emerge --sync", if I remember right. That was maybe a mistake.

The other direction I need to think of, is that all my disabling of QA
checks could have done some harm.

Al

Old 10-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 11-10-2010 15:25:10 +0200, Al wrote:
> I also did "emerge --sync", if I remember right. That was maybe a mistake.

shouldn't be

> The other direction I need to think of, is that all my disabling of QA
> checks could have done some harm.

QA checks that die, usually just do because it's severe enough, and
ignoring them is not a good idea.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level