Old 09-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Al

Default Where to set includes?

I know this question sounds a little stupid if you are experienced
with Gentoo. I wouldn't ask it in this list but it has a relation to
bootstrap-prefix.sh. Also it is prefix specific to distinguish them
form the system header files.

bootstrap-prefix.sh generates me the following line into /make.defaults:

CPPFLAGS="-I/home/prefix/gentoo/usr/include"

Now while bootstrapping header files go also into many other directories:

$EPREFIX/usr/include/readline/
$EPREFIX/usr/include/python2.6/
$EPREFIX/usr/lib/binutils/i686-pc-cygwin1.7/2.20.51.0.8/include/
$EPREFIX/usr/lib/perl5/5.10.1/i686-linux/CORE/
$EPREFIX/....

bootstrap-solaris.xml doesn't suggest to add those directories to CPPFLAGS.

Do I have to add them there?
Do I add them on per package basis to ebuilds?
Are they found without?

Bootstrapping works, but I am unsure if it is not using the systems
header files instead.

Al