Old 09-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Fabian Groffen

Default Prefix: bootstraping problems

On 15-09-2010 16:09:20 +0200, Antoine Dechaume wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2 problems on a fedora core 11 base system when bootstraping prefix
> with solaris instructions.
>

> First one
> I cannot use rsync (firewall), so no emerge --sync, I found emerge-
> webrsync in $EPREFIX/usr/sbin but it's not in $PATH.
> emerge-webrsync do not work (Trying to retrieve 20100914 snapshot from http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org
> ...), so I had to set GENTOO_MIRRORS=http://files.prefix.freens.org,
> after looking around into bootstrap-prefix.sh.
> It worked, but has it been done properly ?

we need to bump the snapshots for this to fix

> Second one
> emerge -u system fails:
> Calculating dependencies... done!

ah, gettext pulls in git these days. Try this:

env USE="-git" emerge -u system

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 09-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Al

> emerge -u system fails:
> Calculating dependencies... done!

[...]

> (sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r1, ebuild scheduled for merge) depends on

[...]

> ** Note that circular dependencies can often be avoided by temporarily
> ** disabling USE flags that trigger optional dependencies.

Hmm, just an idea. AFAIK at least gettext should have already been
merged while bootstrapping portage. Maybe that would break the cycle.

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Prefix/Cygwin#Emerge_Portage

But I don't know how emege -u system works in detail. Maybe some
additional "oneshots" would help.

Al

Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Antoine Dechaume

2 problems on a fedora core 11 base system when bootstraping prefix
with solaris instructions.

First one
I cannot use rsync (firewall), so no emerge --sync, I found emerge-
webrsync in $EPREFIX/usr/sbin but it's not in $PATH.
emerge-webrsync do not work (Trying to retrieve 20100914 snapshot
from http://prefix.gentooexperimental.org

...), so I had to set GENTOO_MIRRORS=http://files.prefix.freens.org,
after looking around into bootstrap-prefix.sh.
It worked, but has it been done properly ?

we need to bump the snapshots for this to fix

Second one
emerge -u system fails:
Calculating dependencies... done!

ah, gettext pulls in git these days. Try this:

env USE="-git" emerge -u system

It worked, thanks.

Antoine.

--