Old 01-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Christopher Friedt

Default iPod mounting read only, actually all vfat storage devices

Hi everyone,

i'm finding that my iPod is being mounted by udev as owned by root (read
only) instead of the current user.

Actually, it's the same with all external storage media formatted with
fat/fat32, because I've tried this on at least two others with the same
results.

My external USB sata drive mounts perfectly fine (it's formatted with ext3).

Has anyone had this issue before? Any solutions?

Many thanks,

~/Chris

Old 01-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Christopher Friedt

Shoot, sorry about that...

I found the solution on a forums reply in any case

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-4753904.html#4753904

Cheers,

Chris

Fabian Groffen wrote:

Hi Christopher,

This looks like a question for gentoo-user to me. I assume you're on
Gentoo Linux, so this is unrelated to Gentoo/Alt.

Also try to look on the forums if someone has had a simular issue.