-   -   gcc configure options (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/419556-gcc-configure-options.html)

Al 08-28-2010 10:21 AM

gcc configure options

Man! Compiling and debugging GCC is hard. It takes hours on windows.
The filesystem is that lame!

a) After patching(!) by emerge, I tried the classical "configure;
make" pair in the source directory. Works! Hours! Building me fortran,
java and other stuff that isn't needed to bootstrap.

b) Compiling by "emerge" sets a lot of options to configure. Always
ends up in errors from libstdc++-v3.

I have lost the old error log due to a running emerge. There where
lots of complaints of missing second arguments to "min", "max". A
websearch did not lead to useful results.

Anyhow the difference between both approaches AFAIK is the setting of
options to configure by emerge. Any clue? I attach some log files
showing the options given to configure.

Thank you all for your great help during this week.

Al