-   -   How to make prefix using new glibc ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/413586-how-make-prefix-using-new-glibc.html)

Galaxy 08-16-2010 01:08 PM

How to make prefix using new glibc ?

I am doing on two servers with "2.6.9-55.0.2.ELsmp,/lib64/tls/libc-2.3.4.so" and "2.6.18-164.6.1.el5,/lib64/libc-2.5.so" that mount a same NFS disk.
(In fact, they are 2 clusters with different linux on them and the administrators are not going to make those nodes same.)

When I first encounter some errors that googled towarding to glibc, I found glibc is not in the portage gentoo-prefix,
so I thought it might be better to build the prefix under my own machine, which runs Gentoo.
After I done this on my machine and rsync back to the same path on the server, I found everything linking on glibc cannot work since the libc there is too old.

So, How can I make a prefix that works on both these 2 servers?
I think what I need is to make a glibc-2.11 with kernel 2.6.9-55, the lower one.

Any note on prefix the glibc? Such as, what glibc depands on.

And In fact I am not so sure which linux distributions are on those server, I just find there are 'rpm' but no 'apt-get' and no 'deb' .
From other informations, it should be some CentOS. But I am not sure.

Galaxy
mailto:galaxy001@gmail.com