Old 04-11-2010, 04:10 AM

Default binutils-2.20.1 built successfully on AIX 5.2

Dear guys,

binutils support many modern AIX now.[1] I have tested the binutils on
Gentoo Prefix AIX.

binutils: 2.20.1
gcc: 4.2.4
configure options need: --disable-largefile

But he command line syntax of GNU binutils and AIX native utils are
quite different. I can just simply use GNU binutils with the Prefix
tree.

Shall we consider to drop native-cctools and support GNU binutils on
Gentoo Prefix AIX? IMHO, GNU binutils are more stable and easier to
maintain ebuild against.

Comments and ideas

Yours,
Benda