Old 04-10-2010, 02:53 PM

Default AIX prefix bootstrap python - libpthread.a

Dear guys,

Markus Duft <mduft@gentoo.org> writes:

> so it all boils down to the argument thing...?

On AIX5.2, after my administrator changed the argument thing, my
bootstrap (via eprefix-bootstrap) went on, till python 2.6. It complains
about libpthreads:

,----
| Could not load program ./python:
| Dependent module libpthreads.a(shr_comm.o) could not be loaded.
| Could not load module libpthreads.a(shr_comm.o).
| System error: No such file or directory
`----

but,

,----
| $ ar -tv /lib/libpthreads.a
| r--r--r-- 2/2 284648 Aug 10 00:55 2005 shr.o
| r--r--r-- 2/2 23211 Aug 10 00:55 2005 shr_comm.o
| r--r--r-- 2/2 298555 Aug 10 00:55 2005 shr_xpg5.o
| rw-r----- 300/300 1486 Sep 16 06:25 2002 init.o
`----

and,

,----
| $ ar -X64 -tv /lib/libpthreads.a
| r--r--r-- 2/2 312409 Aug 10 00:55 2005 shr_xpg5_64.o
| rw-r----- 300/300 1647 Sep 16 06:23 2002 init_64.o
`----

Build log is at:

http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda/GentooAIX52/build.python.log

Maybe I can disable threads in USE? But that will downgrade the
performance a lot?

--
XU Benda
Research Center for Neutrino Science

http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda

Old 04-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Michael Haubenwallner

heroxbd@gmail.com wrote:
> On AIX5.2, after my administrator changed the argument thing, my
> bootstrap (via eprefix-bootstrap) went on, till python 2.6. It complains
> about libpthreads:
>
> ,----
> | Could not load program ./python:
> | Dependent module libpthreads.a(shr_comm.o) could not be loaded.
> | Could not load module libpthreads.a(shr_comm.o).
> | System error: No such file or directory
> `----

This is interesting: What does this command show against that "./python":
$ dump -Hv ./python

> Maybe I can disable threads in USE? But that will downgrade the
> performance a lot?

I don't think this really is threads-related, the just created python binary
seems to lack /usr/lib in runpath somehow...

/haubi/
--
Michael Haubenwallner
Gentoo on a different level

Old 04-17-2010, 04:24 AM

Hi Michael,

Yes. It was a /usr/lib runpath problem. I just "make" and see the error,
then I repeat the last command with "-Wl,-blibpath/usr/lib" (sorry I
forgot the exact option, just inform the linker to search /usr/lib),
then "make" again. By this means, I could finally emerge python. Is
there some better and more fundamental way to do this?

Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@gentoo.org> writes:

> This is interesting: What does this command show against that "./python":
> $ dump -Hv ./python

Sorry I have deleted the source again.