-   -   zlib-1.2.4 upgrade on Solaris (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-alt/354268-zlib-1-2-4-upgrade-solaris.html)

Fabian Groffen 04-09-2010 09:45 AM

zlib-1.2.4 upgrade on Solaris

Hey all,

So far, I've noticed on all my Solaris prefixes that the upgrade of zlib
breaks your system, as in: Python doesn't work any more due to a missing
$EPREFIX/lib/libz.so.
This is caused by a missing soname in libz-1.2.3 and below on Solaris.
The simplest way to get your system going again is to create a symlink
for the missing libz.so:

% cd $EPREFIX/lib
% ln -s libz.so.1.2.4 libz.so

Since this is only a workaround, you best recompile all applications
that use libz (a lot :(). Regardless of whether you feel like doing
that or not, I strongly advise you to fix your python right away, by
simply reemerging it:

% emerge -1 python:2.6

After this you can remove the symlink again, and re-emerge applications
as you find them broken.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level