Old 01-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Jeremy

Default subversion failures

On Nov 7, 2007 3:34 PM, Marshall McMullen <marshall.mcmullen@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm really at a loss here. I did inspect the directories that were failing,
> and they don't look any different than ones that updated correctly. Just to
<snip>

The only thing I have to add is that just today I tried manually
compiling svn on AIX 5.3 and it works. I used portage to install all
the deps and then did svn myself.

I hate to bring up such an old topic but does anyone have any ideas on
how to make the ebuild work since we can confirm that svn works on
this platform.
-Jeremy

Old 01-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Michael Haubenwallner

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 11:51 -0600, Jeremy wrote:
> On Nov 7, 2007 3:34 PM, Marshall McMullen <marshall.mcmullen@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm really at a loss here. I did inspect the directories that were failing,
> > and they don't look any different than ones that updated correctly. Just to
> <snip>
>
> The only thing I have to add is that just today I tried manually
> compiling svn on AIX 5.3 and it works. I used portage to install all
> the deps and then did svn myself.

Yes, because unlike portage you didn't install using DESTDIR:
$ make install DESTDIR=/some/temporary/location

(portage depends on this feature)

> I hate to bring up such an old topic but does anyone have any ideas on
> how to make the ebuild work since we can confirm that svn works on
> this platform.

Unfortunately did not find time to dig into that problem yet...

/haubi/
--
Michael Haubenwallner
Gentoo on a different level