Old 03-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Johan Hattne

Default app-portage/layman

Dear all;

Here's something I don't understand: the portage tree synced from
rsync21.us.gentoo.org on a non-prefix machine has
app-portage/layman-1.3.*, while the latest version in a tree synced from
prefix.gentooexperimental.org on a prefix installation is 1.2.4. The
layman in the prefix tree depends on dev-util/git (which the prefix tree
doesn't have), whereas the non-prefix layman depends on dev-vcs/git
(which the non-prefix tree does have).

What's gone wrong?

// Cheers; Johan

Old 03-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 30-03-2010 10:28:29 -0500, Johan Hattne wrote:
> Dear all;
>
> Here's something I don't understand: the portage tree synced from
> rsync21.us.gentoo.org on a non-prefix machine has
> app-portage/layman-1.3.*, while the latest version in a tree synced from
> prefix.gentooexperimental.org on a prefix installation is 1.2.4. The
> layman in the prefix tree depends on dev-util/git (which the prefix tree
> doesn't have), whereas the non-prefix layman depends on dev-vcs/git
> (which the non-prefix tree does have).

layman is a package with many conflicts, so it hasn't been synced for a
while

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level