Old 03-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Fabian Groffen

Default Odd behaviour in bash under Interix 6.1

On 09-03-2010 07:55:34 -0800, Sin Li wrote:

> It looks more and more like an issue with i6fork. If I source
> /opt/gentoo/etc/profile from the system bash shell, the calling 2 message
> appears only if the LD_PRELOAD variable is set in
> /opt/gentoo/etc/profile.env.

aha, and how about that source?

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 03-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Sin Li

Fabian Groffen-2 wrote:

> On 09-03-2010 07:55:34 -0800, Sin Li wrote:
>>
>> It looks more and more like an issue with i6fork. If I source
>> /opt/gentoo/etc/profile from the system bash shell, the calling 2 message
>> appears only if the LD_PRELOAD variable is set in
>> /opt/gentoo/etc/profile.env.
>
> aha, and how about that source?

First thing I did was grep through the source at
http://dev.gentoo.org/~mduft/i6fork/ and the patch in the overlay, but
nothing came up again.

Which libc does prefix use? The libc.so.5.2 supplied with Interix?

Old 03-11-2010, 05:26 AM
Sin Li

Rebuilt bash without i6fork and it went away. I haven't had issues with what
i6fork is meant to deal with, so I'm leaving it alone for now.

If anyone cares to investigate in the future,
status = __execve(p, a, ppe); in exec.c is definitely the call that triggers
it.