Old 03-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Markus Duft

Default portage failure

anyone seeing this too?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/gentoo/usr/bin/emerge", line 43, in <module>
retval = emerge_main()
File "/opt/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/main.py", line 1190, in
emerge_main
_global_updates(trees, mtimedb["updates"]):
File "/opt/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/_global_updates.py",
line 78, in _global_updates
world_file = os.path.join(root, EPREFIX_LSTRIP, WORLD_FILE)
NameError: global name 'EPREFIX_LSTRIP' is not defined

Cheers, Markus

Old 03-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 05-03-2010 15:23:59 +0100, Markus Duft wrote:
> anyone seeing this too?
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/opt/gentoo/usr/bin/emerge", line 43, in <module>
> retval = emerge_main()
> File "/opt/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/main.py", line 1190, in
> emerge_main
> _global_updates(trees, mtimedb["updates"]):
> File "/opt/gentoo/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/_global_updates.py",
> line 78, in _global_updates
> world_file = os.path.join(root, EPREFIX_LSTRIP, WORLD_FILE)
> NameError: global name 'EPREFIX_LSTRIP' is not defined

thought I fixed this... Maybe I didn't hit this one yet.

Just add
from portage.const import EPREFIX_LSTRIP
at the top of the file

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 03-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Jacob Godserv

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 09:23, Markus Duft <mduft@gentoo.org> wrote:
> anyone seeing this too?

Yes, I hit the same error. Fabian's fix worked for me.

--
Jacob

"For then there will be great distress, unequaled
from the beginning of the world until now — and never
to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut
short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the
elect those days will be shortened."

Are you ready?

Old 03-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 06-03-2010 13:15:59 -0500, Jacob Godserv wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 09:23, Markus Duft <mduft@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > anyone seeing this too?
>
> Yes, I hit the same error. Fabian's fix worked for me.

Sorry, the fixed portage should hit the tree soon. I'm affraid everyone
will have to apply the fix in order to be able to emerge --sync

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 03-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Jacob Godserv

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 13:23, Fabian Groffen <grobian@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 06-03-2010 13:15:59 -0500, Jacob Godserv wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 09:23, Markus Duft <mduft@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> > anyone seeing this too?
>>
>> Yes, I hit the same error. Fabian's fix worked for me.
>
> Sorry, the fixed portage should hit the tree soon. *I'm affraid everyone
> will have to apply the fix in order to be able to emerge --sync

In the meantime can you package.mask that particular version of portage?

Old 03-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Fabian Groffen

On 06-03-2010 18:03:35 -0500, Jacob Godserv wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 13:23, Fabian Groffen <grobian@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes, I hit the same error. Fabian's fix worked for me.
> >
> > Sorry, the fixed portage should hit the tree soon. *I'm affraid everyone
> > will have to apply the fix in order to be able to emerge --sync
>
> In the meantime can you package.mask that particular version of portage?

It's no longer in the tree. So if you still see it, something else is
going on.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 03-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Jacob Godserv

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 04:20, Fabian Groffen <grobian@gentoo.org> wrote:
> It's no longer in the tree. *So if you still see it, something else is
> going on.

I didn't even bother checking, which is stupid because you might've
package.mask'ed it and not known.

Sorry for the noise.