Old 03-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Alan Hourihane

Default force binary only install

Is there any way to only install binary packages and refuse source
builds ?

I know emerge -k... with get binaries and if not found will build from
source, but I want to totally bail if the binary (and binary
dependencies) isn't found.

Thanks,

Alan.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Michael Haubenwallner

Alan Hourihane wrote:
> Is there any way to only install binary packages and refuse source
> builds ?
>
> I know emerge -k... with get binaries and if not found will build from
> source, but I want to totally bail if the binary (and binary
> dependencies) isn't found.

Sounds like 'emerge -K' is what you need.

/haubi/
--
Michael Haubenwallner
Gentoo on a different level

Old 03-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Alan Hourihane

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 17:22 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > Is there any way to only install binary packages and refuse source
> > builds ?
> >
> > I know emerge -k... with get binaries and if not found will build from
> > source, but I want to totally bail if the binary (and binary
> > dependencies) isn't found.
>
> Sounds like 'emerge -K' is what you need.

Yikes, don't know how I missed that.

What would be nice now though is that specified as a FEATURE=".." line
so it doesn't have to be implicit on the command line.

Would a patch for that be accepted ?

Alan.