This only affects linux users. Because in the latest snapshot I was
messing with profiles and keywords anyway, I decided to switch linux
users to fully qualified GLEP-53-style keywords. This means "x86"
becomes "x86-linux" in prefix. Rationale behind this is that the x86
keyword in prefix is not really the same as the x86 keyword in prefix.
To stress this distinction, we now use x86-linux.
In order to make this fairly painless for linux users, I've modified the
profiles such that the ~arch-linux keyword is in ACCEPT_KEYWORDS by
default. Since the bootstrap script used (and for linux still does) to
a add both the stable and unstable keywords for ~arch, this means all
will work well, in the transition period, and even after it.
I intend to change the entire tree into X-linux keywords, but not per
big bang. I changed my tree update scripts to run "ecleankw" and
"ekeyword *.ebuild" prior to committing. "ecleankw" will make sure that
"x86" gets transformed into "x86-linux", "ekeyword *.build" will reorder
the keywords per OS, secondary per arch. This approach was chosen such
that different arch per OS get grouped, which increases the overview
(at least for me).
If you work with ebuilds and commit them, please make sure you have the
latest gentoolkit-dev (for an updated ekeyword) and that you have you
tree's scripts dir synced.
As side issue: because I use "ecleankw" when syncing the tree now, it is
*even more important* that all keywords that are supported in the tree
are listed in the ecleankw script, otherwise they may vanish upon the
Gentoo on a different level
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list