Old 12-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Fabian Groffen

Default system set change

Hi all,

As per now, I have changed profiles/default-prefix/packages to exclude
rsync, and to include subversion in the system set. The rationale
behind this is that in Prefix we currently really need subversion, and
we don't really need rsync, since our tree is only available through
subversion.

This change means that once bootstrapping uses a snapshot as of today,
manually emerging subversion will no longer be necessary. This makes a
cleaner bootstrap process, where only system is being emerged, and world
is entirely left over to the user to fill in.

As far as I am aware this change does not have any impact on existing
users.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level