-   -   compiz-fusion and emerald (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/9976-compiz-fusion-emerald.html)

"Paulo Cavalcanti" 12-01-2007 03:09 PM

compiz-fusion and emerald

Hi,

I decided to try compiz-fusion one more time,
and although the effects I tried worked,
once again when I logout and login all
windows lose their borders.

The solution is to run from a terminal

emerald --replace &

But I could not make this command run automatically.
In previous versions (FC6) I could just add a script to
the session startup programs, and that would do the trick.
Unfortunately, this does not work anymore for compiz.

Also, it takes a long time to a saved session come up
after I call emerald manually (maybe 2 min for the saved windows show up) .

Am I just not seeing an obvious solution?

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ

"Abhijit Shylanath" 12-01-2007 07:58 PM

compiz-fusion and emerald

On Dec 1, 2007 9:39 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac@gmail.com> wrote:
> But I could not make this command run automatically.
> In previous versions (FC6) I could just add a script to
> the session startup programs, and that would do the trick.
> Unfortunately, this does not work anymore for compiz.

In Gnome, I've added 'emerald --replace' in System > Preferences >
Personal > Sessions. I don't know if it's the best way to do it, but
it works fine for me.

"Paulo Cavalcanti" 12-01-2007 08:58 PM

compiz-fusion and emerald

On Dec 1, 2007 6:58 PM, Abhijit Shylanath <abhijit.shylanath@gmail.com> wrote:

On Dec 1, 2007 9:39 PM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac@gmail.com> wrote:
> But I could not make this command run automatically.
> In previous versions (FC6) I could just add a script to

> the session startup programs, and that would do the trick.
> Unfortunately, this does not work anymore for compiz.

In Gnome, I've added 'emerald --replace' in System > Preferences >

Personal > Sessions. I don't know if it's the best way to do it, but
it works fine for me.

Yes, you are right. It works, but it takes too long, that is why I thought differently.

*When I open a window, as soon as I login, the border only appears 2 min later.
Then the other saved windows show up also.

I can not imagine what is hogging my gnome in this case ....

*

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ