Old 05-29-2008, 12:39 AM
"E.D. Grootjans"

Default SAMBA-Error after upgrading to FC9

I have FC9 with samba on PC4
And on PC1 is still use Windows98

1) I had no problems with FC8 and samba, but after upgrading i get an
error.
If i try to connect a share from fc9, bij using the filebrowser, i get
the following message:

Cant mount location:
DBus error
org.freedesktop.DBUS.Error
InvalidArgs:
Mountpoint Already registered

2)The other way arround:
If i try to go to a shared directory - i get a screen with
Password for path PC4IPC$

If i type the password for the account im logged into the win 98 PC -(an
account with the same username/password exists in passwd and in
smbusers(with smbpasswd created))
I get the message wrong password.

3) Also the shared printers on the fc9 host does not work. (IT did work
under fc8)
Here i get also the question for a password for the printer

PC4LASERJET_6MP
password:
If i give the password for the user i'm logged in with - i get the same
question all over again.

The printer is shared for anyone in smb.conf
[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
guest ok = yes
; writable = No
printable = yes
browseable = yes

Can anyone help me with this. Thanks ...

Erik