Old 05-30-2008, 12:46 PM
roland

Default putty **solution**

On Fri, 30 May 2008 14:01:44 +0200, roland <roland@cat.be> wrote:

Hello,

Is there someone who can tell me how to install more fonts for putty?
I do not understand how it works. Sometimes I get a lot of fonts, but
most of the time I only get 2:

fixed
luxi mono

I looked at /usr/sbin/chkfontpath
to find out where the system is looking for fonts
1: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled
2: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled
3: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled
4: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1
5: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo
6: /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1

Under Type1 I have a lot of fonts and I added all TTF fonts of mswindows
But nothing works

When I look at systems where putty offers me lots of fonts, I don't find
any difference.

I forgot to tell one thing, I am testing it with Nx of nomachine
Apparently NX uses his own fonts, so one has to define a fontserver in the
setup of the client-login
this fontserver is as I understand the I.P. address of the server you are
logging into, or whatever server.

In either case, it works that way.
And it worked with VNC.

Note: It should be understood that in this case I am connecting from one
linux-box to another.

Because I installed to linux-VM's (vmware)

I hope someone can use this.

Thanks anyway
roland