Old 12-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Jonathan Ryshpan

Default sensors applet

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 09:32 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 11:38:16PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> > Still not working for me with the 2.6.22 kernel. I believe it's
> > 2.6.22.1-33.fc7 and the similar latest in fc6.
> >
> > It works with the 2.6.2[01] kernels... just looking for feedback, the
> > sendors command works after rerunning sensors-find.
>
> It works for me on the 2.6.22.1-41.fc7 kernel. Try dropping it from
> the panel, reinserting it and reconfiguring it. I vaguely remeber
> doing that some time recently.

On my system, the CPU sensors in the System Guard applet all work fine
(namely cpu/nice, cpu/sys, and cpu/user) but the memory sensors in the
applet are all broken (namely mem/physical/cached, mem/physical/buf, and
mem/physical/application). Properties->Sensors shows a value of Error
for all three memory sensors, and the Mem portion of the applet contains
no info. In the actual System Guard application all these sensors work
OK.

> > "We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from
> > the machinations of the wicked." - from Slashdot

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
stupidity. - Hanlon's razor