Old 12-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Jonathan Ryshpan

Default Evolution uses very small Fonts in F8

I've just installed Fedora 8, and the fonts used in Evolution and some
other applications have become very small, about 8 pts. In the past
these fonts were controlled by gnome-font-properties, but this
application does not seem to exist in F8. I've tried
gnome-control-center->Appearance->Fonts, but changing a font here
doesn't seem to change anything, now even the fonts used by
gnome-control-center itself, which appear to be the same 8-point fonts
used in evolution. gnome-settings-daemon is running,
(/usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon to be exact), so this should be in
order. gconf-editor says that that Evolution uses 13 pt fonts, which it
doesn't.

Should an additional daemon be running? Or are some needed fonts
missing? I'm running KDE as my desktop, so its font control system may
have started to conflict with Gnome's.

Thanks - jon